Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Thirst That Is Never Quenched

Right from birth I have been thirsty and sweaty
A drink here and a drink there
Quenches the thirst but
Only for a short time

The thirst knew no bound during growing years
They said it is the growth and the play
Play I did, and it quenched the thirst but
Only for a short time

The elixir and honey did give me heavenly sights
And made me forget all about the thirst
But too much sweetness and salt
Made me thirsty more than ever

I thought it is the summer
Dehydrating me and making me bonkers
But the rainy, winter and spring were no better
Making me thirsty more than ever

As i look around I know better
The whole world is thirsty like never before
But it has always been like this
Each age feeling it is thirstier than the other

The dying, wilting tree with no chance of bearing fruits or leaves
Is the thirstiest of all, demanding and sucking even the morning dew
The mocking death is mocked and amazed
At the deep roots nourished by unquenchable thirst




No comments: